Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Quick and Healthy Recipe Ideas!!

The other night I entered my kitchen to attempt a new and exciting dish that I have never tried before.  I am always looking for new, healthy and semi easy dishes to broaden my horizons!  I bought lean ground turkey meat from whole foods and decided to create a dish with that and anything else I had in the cupboards. 
First, I preheated the oven to 375 degrees.  I put the ground turkey (about ½ pound for two people) in a bowl and added a bunch of spices to intensify the flavors.   I added lemon pepper, season salt, red pepper flakes (if you like a little spice to your food) and a pinch of bread crumbs.  I mixed that altogether and formed two patties. Meanwhile, I heated up about a tablespoon of olive oil in a medium sized pan.  I added a clove of garlic, chopped into tiny pieces and sautéed for about two minutes.  Then I added the patties and cooked them for about three minutes each side to create a golden brown crust.  I transferred the patties into a baking dish, put a slice of tomato on top and topped that with about a tablespoon of grated aged white cheddar cheese.  I baked that for about 8-10 minutes or until cooked throughout. 
I also put 8 asparagus in a baking dish with olive oil, lemon juice and lemon zest and baked these for about 20 minutes. 
You can also make whole wheat pasta topped with a little olive oil and lemon zest and this is a complete meal.  The whole meal takes about 20 minutes to make and it is SO delicious and healthy!  Enjoy!
Serves Two
Ingredients:
Lean ground turkey meat (1/2 pound)
Spices (Lemon Pepper, Season Salt, Red Pepper Flakes, Bread Crumbs)
Olive oil
Garlic
2 slice of Tomatoes
2 tablespoons of grated aged white cheddar cheese (Optional)
8 Asparagus
Lemons
½ pound of Whole Wheat Pasta (Optional)

No comments:

Post a Comment