Monday, May 9, 2011

I am a runner because I run...

As another week passes by so quickly, it's hard to believe I am ready for the race this weekend!  I can’t believe it is already here, seven days away.  As I mentioned in the last post, I have been running a lot, in no particular training regime, but A LOT.  Last Saturday I ran 10 miles and felt okay, but I knew I had to run the full 13.3 miles this weekend to prepare and feel ready to run the race.  So, I did! All 13.3 and it felt great. 
As Lululemon says, I am a runner because I run.  I signed up for this race without any idea of how to properly train for something like this.  I just run because I love to run.  Some days are better than others and I might run 9 instead of 3, but I just like to move.  I love the feeling of running, I love the endorphin rush, the runners high, the feeling of accomplishment when I finish that 13 mile mark, and I love to run. I think that is a great lesson for so many.  We get so caught up in having to work out a certain way and have a strict diet, but in reality, we all just need to eat healthy and move.  Whether it be running, walking, swimming, or taking a cardio class, we just need to move. 
I have six more days to train and then the big day so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment