Friday, May 13, 2011

Happy Running!

Almost there, two more days I will have completed my second half marathon.  I have been running A LOT and I am definitely sore, but very ready!
I was talking with some friends the other day and we were discussing how hard it can be to find time to work out and together we discovered some great ideas! Here are some things that have worked for me and friends!
1.       Plan healthy getaways: Find a 5K or half marathon in a city you have never been and would like to visit. Sign up, run/walk and enjoy the mini vacation.
2.       Catch up with friends:  Find a friend that you can walk/run with and catching up on each other’s lives will make the workout fly by.
3.       Stick to the script:  One of my friends signed up for Couch-to-5K at coolrunning.com to run her first 5K and she looks great!  You start by alternating a minute of jogging with 90 seconds of walking. Nine weeks later, you can run three miles!
Good Luck and happy running!

1 comment:

  1. Oh oh thats meeee!! I never thought I could be a runner and the Couch to 5k program changed my life! Its soooo do able! I lost 15lbs and lost 3 pant sizes!! I started the Bridge to 5k program and my next goal is a 10k then on to a Half Marathon. Your Awesome Shan LOOOVE reading you Blog!

    ReplyDelete