Monday, November 8, 2010

Smoothiesssssss!!!

One of my favorite things in the morning is to go for a long run or have an intense work out.  But I was never hungry after and needed to supply my body with protein and nutrients. 


So I decided to start making my own protein shakes with a variety of fruits and vegetables, different types of fruit juice and, of course, a great protein powder.  So I went in search of a protein powder that was beneficial for all different types of needs.  And, finally, I found one!  The company is called Vega and it is a vegan, gluten free protein powder that includes plant-based whole foods that are the true future of optimal health.  Included are raw, alkalinizing foods that are the best defense against illness and disease.  I started buying the berry flavor powder and every morning I would add a scoop to assorted frozen fruits and juices and I would be energized for the day. 


In all of my smoothies I add foods that are skin-healthy antioxidants, ones that combat heart disease and cancer and fight premature aging.  Here are some ideas for great, healthy smoothies!


Add about a cup of frozen fruit: Blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, peaches, or a mixture of these to your blender.  Add a banana, one scoop of Vega protein powder, and about a cup or two of fruit juice, orange juice, apple juice, or pomegranate juice.  Mix it altogether and you have one great post workout/ breakfast meal.  Enjoy!


"Workout song of week: Little Secrets by Passion Pit"

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment